vendredi 23 février 2007

Breakfast goodies.



Need a nice weekend treat? Heck, why wait for the weekend, why don't you have a nice treat every morning? These banana-chocolate chip muffins oughta do the trick, I think. I really wish I remember where I got the recipe from, but I emailed it to myself and of course didn't mail the source citation. But I changed it a little bit, so now they're my own version anyways, right? I get a secret small kick out of the fact that the chocolate chips are only in the chocolate batter and the walnuts in the plain banana batter, but nobody else picked up on it. But that's okay. I like knowing things that other people don't. It makes me feel special.

These muffins, they're a real treat. They make early mornings a wee bit more tolerable.


******
Banana chocolate chip muffins

1/4 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1/3 c. buttermilk
1/2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
2 T cocoa powder
chocolate chips (I have no idea how much, I just used what I thought looked good)
chopped walnuts (still no idea how much I used)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until well-combined. Add bananas (I just added them in chunks), eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat until blended.

Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.

Remove approximately half the batter and add the cocoa and chocolate chips to it. Add the walnuts to the non-cocoa-ed batter.

Alternate spoonfuls of the plain batter and chocolate batter into muffin tins. You can swirl the batter slightly if you really want to, but I was too lazy.

Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or 'til done.