lundi 4 décembre 2006

Ah, the weather naivete of those who live in LA.


I do have lots of food pictures this time, but it'll take me awhile to sort through all of them. In the meantime, you can say a warm hello to the newest pair of my extensive shoe family. I'm in love love love.

Back in early September. You know, when it's still summer and warm.
"Yeah, I've always wanted to go to Seattle or Portland. I haven't been since I was 12, so that doesn't really count."
"Oh, I've always wanted to go to Seattle too!"
"You wanna go up for a weekend?"
"Sure, sounds good to me. When can you go?"
"Hrm, I already have trips planned for September and the end of October..."
"And I'm out of town for most of November.."
"And then there's Thanksgiving.."
"How about the first weekend of December?"
"Sounds good to me, let's book our tickets!"

Last Friday, en route to the airport, when the reality of the situation hit us.
"Dude, did you see how much rain Seattle's gotten?"
"And did you check the weather? I hope you brought warm clothes!"
"You know, it didn't even cross my mind that it might be cold in Seattle."
"Yeah, I mean, like, hello, it's on the West coast! I just automatically assumed it would be warm."
"Yeah, 35 degrees isn't so much warm as it is freezing."
"Why are we leaving LA to go somewhere where it's cold?"
"I can't believe we didn't even take weather into consideration."
"This is the last time we go anywhere making that mistake."

Wandering around cold cold Seattle.
"I'm not just crabby, I'm cold crabby."
"I think we're pretty much as far north as you can get in the US without going to Alaska."
"And Alaska is best experienced from a cruise ship. You know, where you can stay warm."
"I have no desire to go to Alaska. Even though I could wear my fur coat up there."
"This is when you start asking people, why would you choose to live somewhere where it's so cold? Just why?"
"Just be glad it's not raining or snowing."
"Because then I'd definitely never leave the hotel room."

On the plane back to warm LA.
"Ah, it's currently 77 degrees at home."
"Now that's a temperature I understand."
"Next time, we are definitely taking seasons into consideration."