vendredi 29 septembre 2006

Only one day of classes, and I'm POOPED.



duck breast + salt + time = duck proscuitto

Seriously, that's all that it takes. Surprisingly easy for surprisingly sophisticated results. A more specific recipe can be found in Charcuterie, by Michael Ruhlman and Brian Polcyn, since I'm too lazy to type it out. Here, I cubed the proscuitto and tossed it in a salad with mâche, dried cranberries, sugar-and-spice pepitas, chèvre, and a light vinaigrette. It's a transitioning-into-fall salad - nothing's cooked, in a nod to waning summer nights, but the flavours are slightly heavier, in an admission that fall's here.

The pepitas on their own, by the way, are quite tasty. And they have a whole host of nutitional benefits.

By the way, apparently I've forgotten, but:
hangover + little sleep + classes + no nap time = bad combination
You'd think that after 23 years of school (okay, but in only 9 of those years did I drink) I'd have learned, but apparently I still haven't yet. Good thing I don't have classes Mondays or Fridays, isn't it though?