lundi 25 septembre 2006

Argh! Classes start this week!



I wish I could say that I'd digitally altered the lighting in this photograph (HAHA, like I know how to use Photoshop), or that it had been an especially pretty sunrise/sunset. In reality, however, this picture was taken in the middle of the day - the lovely orange-ish hue is due to the fires that're ripping up California. In fact, when I flew into Burbank on my way back from DC last week, the pilot told us that if we smelled smoke, it wasn't the plane falling apart, but rather, it was all due to the fire.

However, I do have to say, the light was particularly pretty last week, as though we were on the set of a movie set on the Italian riviera. But no. It's just Ventura County burning up.

(By the way, why is it that my plants flourish in my absence? Every time I go away, I come back and they're happier than ever. Yet in my presence, they threaten imminent death.)