Until I recover...
This morning, I had the distinct pleasure of waking up at 4am Eastern, which, mind you, is earlier than any night I went to bed during my trip to New York. Needless to say, I am exhausted and any tales of drunken debauchery will have to wait until a later date.
In the meantime, I'll leave you with the most magnificent drinking game that my friend and I came up with yesterday while watching the World Cup finals. Unfortunately, we did not take part in this game because I hadn't gotten to bed 'til 5:30 that morning, and couldn't even contemplate the thought of alcohol. Good thing too, because we were going to watch the game at the French Club, and that probably wasn't such a good scene post-match.
But for the drinking game:
- 1 sip/chug whenever the commentators mention Zidane
- 1 extra sip/chug whenever Zidane's super-duper magical skill is mentioned
- 1 extra sip/chug for every excessive platitude referencing Zidane
- 1 sip/chug for every close-up of Zidane
- 1 sip/chug for every gratituous mention of Zidane
- 1 sip/chug for every overdramaticized dive a player (on either team) takes
- 1 drink for every use of the magic spray
- At least 5 drinks for every incident of head-butting
And he STILL won the Golden Ball.