jeudi 4 mai 2006

There are spoilers located below - okay, not if you lived through the 80s and actually paid attention.

So, I've never seen Top Gun before. Not in its entireity, at least. Bits and pieces, here and there. Just enough so that I knew that Tom Cruise was Maverick and Val Kilmer was Iceman and that there was a lot of flying in planes.

NOBODY TOLD ME THAT THERE WERE DEATHS IN THE MOVIE.

This, I found out last night when I was tipsy with my friend (hi! Happy hour started at 4! And we were there on the nose! And saw people filming Entourage! And ate three orders of tuna tartare! And I bought the Cutest Summer Dress EVER!!!!) and then we came back to my place because er, it was 7pm and we weren't quite ready to turn in for the night yet. It was still daylight and we were drunkish.

And I'd just bought Top Gun (no, I do not need to hear how behind the times I am) and popped it in because hi! Val Kilmer before he got fat! Tom Cruise before he got weird! Lots of flying in planes! I love fighter jets! What I thought was going to be a great upper of a movie!

NOBODY TOLD ME THAT PEOPLE DIED.

No way better than to ruin a good buzz.

FUCKERS.

(By the way, this was like the gayest movie ever. Not in a bad way - but hi. Men in [white] uniforms, men in tighty whities, men touching each other, men in locker rooms, all of the above combined, a marked lack of females, THE CLOSING CREDITS. Hi. Gay.)