vendredi 3 mars 2006

Sleepy.



It's getting to be a bit of a litany. I had one too many martinis last night. (We closed out the bar.) My head hurts a little. I'm up far too early - at least the sun's up when I wake up now, which is nice. In my book, there are few things more depressing than waking up before the sun rises. By the way, is there a polite way to tell a student you gave them a bad grade because their paper sucked? It just sucked and didn't deserve anything higher than a C? I haven't found a succinct way to do so yet, and instead compose 2 page-long notes validating why I gave them their grade. I just want to tell them that not all students are A students and excuses like, "I worked for four days on this paper and feel like I deserve something that reflects the time put into it" only annoy me because you didn't fulfill the assignment and I don't care how long you worked on it. Oh, and did I mention that it's raining today? Bah.

Anyway.

I would like nothing more than to be back in bed now. And so, I leave you with the food version of a comfortable bed: a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup (or in this case, tomato-chickpea soup). Just don't eat it in bed - tomato stains don't come out easily.