A friday foursome.
Even though this particular meme has been making the rounds, I, sadly, was - sniffle - not tagged 'til now. Actually, it couldn't have come at a better time, because I had no idea what to write for today. Did you really need another story about how I went out on a school night, got tipsy, and now am slightly hungover and don't feel like teaching my students so I'm going to make them do things like debate so that I don't have to talk? Didn't think so.
Four jobs I have had in my lifetime:
I don't work. I go to school. I will be in school forever, and even though I whine occassionally about how much work I have, I will be happy to stay in school forever. But I guess I can count my internships, because that's all I have. Unless I get into school activities, which were totally like jobs. Can you say you ran a million-dollar business at 19, had to fire people who were ten years older than you, and had to sign paychecks which other people depended on for their livelihood? Right.
- Intern in a museum
- Intern in the French gov't
- Intern in a now-defunct ad agency
- Intern in an auction house
And you wonder why medical school and I just didn't jive.
Four movies I could watch over and over:
I watch a lot of movies on repeat. A lot. It is not fair that I have to limit myself to four. But these are the least embarassing of the movies I watch repeatedly.
- When Harry Met Sally
- Two Weeks Notice
- Any James Bond movie
- Ocean's 11 and 12
Believe me. This is by far the best of the list.
Four places I have lived:
Providence, RI Cambridge, MA Paris Los Angeles, CA
Throw New York City onto that list, and that's actually all the places I've ever lived in my entire life. I like travelling, but I do not like moving.
Four places I have been on vacay:
Spain Italy Tunisia
- My apartment. More specifically, my bed. I like to think that I go on vacation every night.
Four TV shows I like to watch:
Was this on Sammy's version? No. Too bad, I'm adding it back in. Also, I watch a lot of bad tv. I was going to add the Smurfs too, but refrained. But know that it was thisclose to making it on the list.
- Grey's Anatomy. If med school had been even remotely promising of this kind of future, what with McDreamy AND Mark Sloan, I might have been convinced to stay.
- Anything on the Food Network except for Sandra Lee and Rachael Ray. Ergh to both of them!
- Mad About You. It was just the best sitcom ever.
- She Spies. Did you never catch this utterly campy TV show when it was on at 2AM on Sundays? No? Thank your lucky stars, it's coming out on DVD!
Four websites I visit daily:
- Yours, of course! Or I would, if you told me you had a website.
Four of my favourite foods:
- French fries (that was a no-brainer)
- Duck, in all shapes and forms. Mmm. Duck confit. Foie gras. Peking duck. Quack.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Does alcohol count as a food? No? Then steak (See how I was sneaky and got in five?)
Seriously, I will die of a heart attack. But I will die happy.
Four places I'd rather be right now:
- In Paris (29 more days!)
- On the beach somewhere warm and tropical, with hot cabana boys bringing me drinks that have umbrellas in them
- On a yacht in the Mediterranean. But only if it's warm there and I can lay out and tan
- At my future convent in Malta. Haven't I told you about it? It's going to be mad fun. I'm gonna lay out by the pool and have pool boys bring me my drinks. Wait. That sounds a lot like the second item on this list..
Four others I'm tagging:
Who hasn't done this yet? I think Dagny, Daniel, Alex, and... you! You lurking readers who never comment on my site but yet I know you're here and pore through my archives for what, I don't know. My life is boring.