mercredi 19 octobre 2005

Adventures in shopping.



At the Long Beach Antique Market:

Me: Oooh! Look at those awesome bottles!
Friend: Those are great, you totally need to get them.
Me: Yeah, I really like them. [pause] Too bad there's not one that says "vodka" on it. Excuse me, how much are these?
Vendor: $10 for all four.
Me: Wow, that's a great price. Hrm, really, too bad there's not a vodka one. That would be so great.
Vendor: Someone's in a sorority.
Me
: [...]
Vendor: Where do you go, Cal State Fullerton?
Me: Um, I'll just take those bottles, thanks.



Outside Pottery Barn

Me: Hey, do you think that we can take this back entrance into the store? I don't really want to go all the way around.
Friend: Huh, I don't know.
Me: Oh, those people are coming out of the door. But there's a doorbell, does that mean we have to ring in?
Man: You have to pay five dollars to go in this way.
Me: [...]
Man: But for you, you can go in free. [winks]
Man's wife: [to the man] Watch it!