mercredi 24 août 2005

Really, sharing is caring.

While in the mattress store, there were all these lovely lovely facts posted giving people new reasons why they should buy new mattresses. And because I love all of you sooooo much, I am going to share the ones I remember (and others I found on the internet) with you, because I care that much!
*Humans sweat approximately 4 gallons per month while sleeping.

*Every ten years the weight of a mattress could double due to the number of dead dust mites inside.

*A typical used mattress may have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million mites inside.

*Ten percent of the weight of a two year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings.

*Mites prefer warm, moist surroundings such as the inside of a mattress when someone is on it.

*The body warmth of a human, plus the shedded skin flakes, are conducive for dust mite growth and survival.
Okay, this has turned into a listing of gross facts involving dust mites, and I am going to stop here lest I not be able to sleep until my new bed is delivered to me. (In other words, I am moving. I have nothing of import nor of interest to write. I do have a question - how in the hell do they get sheets to fit into those itty bitty plastic bags? I can never make them go back in once I've removed them. )